[pstricks] pst-geo

Alan Ristow ristow at ece.gatech.edu
Wed Jul 14 22:37:37 CEST 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:14:49 +0200, Herbert Voss
<Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE> wrote:

>Alan Ristow wrote:
>
>> I downloaded pst-geo today with an eye toward looking over the
>> documentation. However, whenever I get to a page that (presumably) has
>> pst-geo content on it I get a Postscript error. This happens with
>> doc-map2d.ps, doc-map2dII.ps, doc-map3d.ps, and doc-map3dII.ps, and it
>> happens whether I open the files from CTAN/Dante or compile the document
>> sources myself. Is this indicative of a bug in pst-geo?
>
>the data files are read by PostScript, so it is important that
>you specify the right path, because on PostScript level there
>is no path of the TeX tree.

That did the trick. I misunderstood what the data files were for,
thinking that they were something required for pst-geo to work rather
than for the output file to work. As a result, I put them in the wrong
place. All is well now.

So I guess if I wish to distribute a stand-alone document containing
pst-geo maps I should convert it to pdf first? Or perhaps I should just
read the documentation first (fortunately, I can read French)....

Thanks,

Alan