[pstricks] Scaling pstricks output

Peter Hutnick tex at hutnick.com
Mon Jul 12 17:35:35 CEST 2004

Hello,

I am using pstricks extensively for a math text.  I created several
figures with pstrick and was happy with their "native" size.  For example:

\pspicture(-4,-4)(4,4)
    \psaxes{<->}(0,0)(-4,-4)(4,4)
    \psplot[arrows=<->]{-1.75}{1.75}{x 2 mul}
\endpspicture

But I have decided to move them into a two inch margin, so they need to
be scaled down a bit.  Rather than bang them into shape by hand I
thought I'd use the \scale macro.  That way I can change my mind again ;-)

So I added \pscustom{\scale{.5}}, which is too small, but it would be a
start.  It didn't generate any errors, but it didn't have an effect
either.  I tried wrapping the psaxes and psplot inside the pscustom{},
and that gave me errors.  I moved the pscustom to after the plot, to no
avail.

Any advice?

-Peter