[pstricks] pst-3d and fp

Alan Ristow ristow at ece.gatech.edu
Wed Apr 14 14:21:47 CEST 2004

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 12:25:44 +0100 (BST), Chris Sangwin
<sangwinc at for.mat.bham.ac.uk> wrote:

>I am trying to use the pst-3d package together with floating point
>calculations done in LaTeX.  To do the latter I've used the fp package in
>the past.
>
>fp needs to be loaded last, otherwise it doesn't work.

This has not been my experience. In fact, I usually load it before
pstricks and several other packages.

>However, this
>causes the pst-3d command \pstThreeDEllipse to cease to function - and may
>well cause many other problems.

Do you have a minimal example that exhibits this problem?

>I assume that fp and pst-3d have commands with the same name.  This is
>a known problem with fp and, for example multido.  Has anyone else found a
>solution to this problem?

Other than the fp/multido problem, I haven't had any other problems
using fp. However, rather than loading the whole fp package I generally
only load the part(s) I need -- and typically that's just fp-eval.

>I'd be happy to change to another package other than fp, but I do need
>sin, cos, exp, log etc so that fltpoint and realcalc don't seem to offer
>me a solution.

You'll want to double-check me, but IIRC these functions are accessible
from fp-eval. If only load that, instead of loading the entire fp
package, does that solve your problem?

Alan Ristow