[pstricks] pst-3d and fp

Chris Sangwin sangwinc at for.mat.bham.ac.uk
Wed Apr 14 13:25:44 CEST 2004

List members,

I am trying to use the pst-3d package together with floating point
calculations done in LaTeX.  To do the latter I've used the fp package in
the past.

fp needs to be loaded last, otherwise it doesn't work.  However, this
causes the pst-3d command \pstThreeDEllipse to cease to function - and may
well cause many other problems.

I assume that fp and pst-3d have commands with the same name.  This is
a known problem with fp and, for example multido.  Has anyone else found a
solution to this problem?

I really do need to perform the floating point calculations within the
LaTeX document, which is of course very much in the spirit of
computational graphics!

I'd be happy to change to another package other than fp, but I do need
sin, cos, exp, log etc so that fltpoint and realcalc don't seem to offer
me a solution.

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks
Chris