[pstricks] Pstricks and pdftex

MicroPress Inc. support at micropress-inc.com
Sun Sep 29 22:00:03 CEST 2002

At 08:11 PM 9/29/02 +0100, you wrote:
>On Sun, 2002-09-29 at 18:31, MicroPress Inc. wrote:
>
>> The other issue is that it is not clear if context would work with pstricks
>> at all:
>> is it compatible with the color.sty, for example?
>
>No. I agree, the pstricks driver for ConTeXt would be a non-trivial
>operation

How bad things are depends on miniltx being runnable under context.

>> IMHO, not very interesting, since (1) svg is a "static" language: no loops,
>> for example; thus
>> much of pstricks not be useful and (2) the best part of svg is animation/js
>> which would be
>> stripped off in a such interpreter.
>both true. but also true of PDF inclusions in TeX, no?

Exactly right. Therefore including "svgtricks" would be as limited as pdftricks
(this is my (1).)

>> More interesting application would be to
>> supplement
>> existing pstricks with some animation and then compile into SVG. Current
>> VTeX (which
>> does have SVG mode) includes some early examples of how this can be done.
>
>ah, interesting. I am glad to hear you are doing SVG

We do. If curious, you can see some hacked pstricks output in
    www.micropress-inc.com/SVG
(hacked==pstricks source was supplemented with SVG-directed PS/GeX
extension instructions).

>--
>Sebastian Rahtz      OUCS Information Manager
>13 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 6NN. Phone +44 1865 283431

Michael Vulis
MicroPress

mailto://support@micropress-inc.com
http://www.micropress-inc.com