[pstricks] Drawing Normal Distribution Curves

PKohli at smc.nopworld.com PKohli at smc.nopworld.com
Wed Jun 26 21:33:09 CEST 2002

Hi:

I have been using pstricks for some time. I am interested in drawing normal
distribution curves with different means and variances along the same axis
(\overbar{x}). That means that  I should be able to draw these curves side
by side (e.g., a normal curve with a mean of zero and a variance of 3, and
a normal curve with a mean of 1, and variance of 4, along the x-axis
representing the means). I would also like to be able to shade different
confidence interval levels. I was wondering if there was an easier way to
plot these curves, say by specifiying the probability distributions f(x),
rather than plotting these curves point by point (which I tried to do and
was too painful). I would appreciate any help.

Regards,
Pankaj

Any views or opinions are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of
Strategic Marketing Corporation.
The information transmitted is intended only for
the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message, please do not read, copy, use or
disclose this communication and notify the
sender immediately. It should be noted that
any review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use of, or taking action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
Recipients are warned that SMC cannot guarantee
that attachments or enclosures are secure or error-free
as information could be intercepted, corrupted,or
contain viruses