[pstricks] Drawing Normal Distribution Curves

Michael J. Sharpe msharpe at euclid.ucsd.edu
Thu Jun 27 19:13:30 CEST 2002

Assuming the first part of your question concerns normal distribution
functions rather than normal density functions, the first step would
be to make Postscript code for an approximate standard normal
distribution function. (Postscript does not have Erf built-in.) There
are many sources available for these. See for example the article  by
Richard Bagby in the Jan 1995 issue of the Amer. Math. Monthly. Then
\psplot may be used to draw normal distribution functions with
arbitrary means and variances on the same axes. I'm not sure what
exactly you have in mind for drawing the confidence levels, but that
may involve finding approximations to the inverse standard normal
distribution function that can be coded in Postscript.