[pstricks] [Service] This list is now closed for non subscribers

Denis Girou Denis.Girou at idris.fr
Wed Jun 27 21:48:52 CEST 2001

  I would like to inform you that I have closed today this list to non
subscribers, as an anti-spam preventive action. This must not impact most
of you, but you must be aware of the following:

    - Spamming is (obviously) a nuisance, so I would like to limit as far as
possible the risk that spams perturbate this list.
    - Mailman, which is the software which manage the TUG mailing lists since
the end of last year in place of Majordomo, include several special features
to limit spamming:
        + all messages coming from few addresses widely known as spamming
providers are automatically rejected,
        + all messages with subjects or contents looking "suspicious" to
the program according various criteria are not sent to the list but the
administrator is warned to look at them and to decide himself to reject or
accept them.
     - In the past, there was only one such message which succeeded to be
diffused on this list and I'm required to do something myself only few times.
Nevertheless, this week there were several such messages and I also saw that
several succeeded to be diffused on the pdftex mailing list in the last few
months, so Sebastian decided to close this list to non subscribers.

  As I do not expect improvements in this direction in the near future but
rather increasing problems, I do the same for the PSTricks mailing list.

  Main consequences are:

     - You must be registered to be able to write on the list (which is the
case for you, as you received this message...).
     - You must always use your _registration address_ to send messages.
If you have several addresses, you must use the one given when you subscribed,
or you must unsubscribe with it and subscribe again with the other one.

  Note also that Mailman as a "strong" default policy about bounced mails.
With Majordomo, I suppress myself manually adresses rejected during several
consecutive weeks (at this time, each message sent to this list gave me back
between one or three bounced mails...). Mailman do it automatically when it
found that an address is invalid since too much time (actually this is
5 days). So, if you loose your email address for a long time, take care that
you could be automatically removed from the list and that you must need to
subscribe again.

  And note that for all the management of your subscription to this list
you must use the following address: http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/pstricks

D.G.