Predefined colors?

Denis Bitouzé bitouze at univ-littoral.fr
Thu Sep 14 18:22:48 CEST 2000

Denis Girou a écrit :

>     Denis.Bitouze> it is written, in the document « Présentation de PSTricks », by Denis
>     Denis.Bitouze> Girou, that more than hundred colors are predefined. But, if I try to
>     Denis.Bitouze> use the color 'pink' (as in some examples in the document), I get the
>     Denis.Bitouze> following error message
>
>     Denis.Bitouze>    PSTricks error.  See User's Guide for further information.
>     Denis.Bitouze>                  Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>     Denis.Bitouze> ! Color `pink' not defined.
>     Denis.Bitouze> \@pstrickserr ... immediate help.}\errmessage {#1}
>     Denis.Bitouze>                                                   \endgroup
>
>   Few colors are defined by default (see documentation page 4). To use others,
> you must first define them (today, use the syntax of the standard `color'
> package, not the one of PSTricks - for that, load the `pstcol' package in
> place of `pstricks').
>
>   The "usenames" loading option allow you to load the definition of a set of
> useful color names (for the "dvips" driver, the file used is "dvipsnam.def").
>
> \documentclass{article}
>
> \usepackage[dvips,usenames]{pstcol}
>
> \definecolor{Pink}{rgb}{1.,0.75,0.8}
>
> \pagestyle{empty}
>
> \begin{document}
>
> \begin{pspicture}(5,5)
>   % Color "Pink" explicitely defined
>   \psframe[fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=Pink](5,5)
>   % Color "Aquamarine" defined in the file dvipsnam.def
>   \pscircle[fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=Aquamarine](3,3){1}
> \end{pspicture}
>
> \end{document}
>
> D.G.

Being careful with the order in which pstcol is loaded, not loading pstricks (cf. Denis Girou:

    In any case, you have not to load both `pstricks' and `pstcol',
    as pstcol do it, adding an interface between the `color' package and
    PSTricks. And you must load `pst-node' after `pstcol', because `pst-node'
    load `pstricks' if this was not already done...
)

so writing for instance :

 \usepackage[dvips,usenames]{pstcol}
 \usepackage{pst-grad,pst-text,pst-plot,pst-fill,pst-slpe}

I get what I wanted.

Nevertheless, a trouble seems to occur when using package `pstcol' and the environment `table'
(everything is OK
if I don't load the package `pstcol'):

! Extra }, or forgotten \endgroup.
\color at endbox ->\color at endgroup \egroup

l.13 \end{table}

?

Thanks for help!
--
Denis.

Denis Bitouzé
I.U.T. de Saint Omer-Dunkerque
Département Génie Thermique et Énergie
Centre Universitaire de la Citadelle
Quai Freycinet 1
B.P. 5.313
59379 DUNKERQUE Cedex 1
Téléphone : 03-28-23-70-56
Télécopie : 03-28-23-70-49
with a blank subject and in body the line unsubscribe <email-address>