problems encountered with PSTtoEPS files

Tamas Bori bori at cs.elte.hu
Tue Nov 23 08:27:52 CET 1999

Niren wrote:
> /bop-hook{
> hsize 0 translate -1 1 scale
> } def
> mirror image. The problem we are facing is that the PST-EPS files
> don't get mirrored.  We are not able to understand the problem of
> why the EPS files obtained from PST don't get mirrored.
The main problem is, that the with the PST-EPS generated EPS files
-- even if you use the -h- while dvips -E-ing it -- are containing
the PS 'macro' bop at the beginning of the file, which executes
the bop-hook (if defined); in the final PS the included EPS files
are in a save-restore pair, so all of it's changes are restored
at the end of the input; so the included EPS files are mirrored
twice!
You may have now several solution to this;
1. You can redefine the bop macro just before the including of
   the EPS not to use the bop-hook, and after it restore it's def.
2. If you don't use the -h- option at the creating of EPS files,
   you can include width the -h nomirror.pro another profile
  (into the EPS files), which contains eg. the following lines:
    userdict begin
    /bop-hook{} def
    end
3. You can use a simple script for doing this 'reflection', e.g.
   just after each %%Page: line put in a new line like this:
     hsize 0 translate -1 1 scale
   (it can be till a source of another problem, e.g. if you
   include EPS files generated by the newer versions of CorelDraw,
   which has it's own %%Page: line (which incidentally is
   definitely wrong), so you have to manage e.g. with the
   %%BeginDocument -- %%EndDocument pairs too).

One could have other much better solution for this, so please
don't hesitate to write it to us!

Regards,
Tamas
bori at cs.elte.hu

with a blank subject and in body the line unsubscribe <email-address>