Shifting part of a PSTricks picture

Denis Girou Denis.Girou at idris.fr
Tue Jan 19 19:19:58 CET 1999

that has been posted to comp.text.tex as well.

    Uffe.Holst> I've got a question with respect to PSTricks. I've got this picture made of
    Uffe.Holst> a lot of PSTricks commands. All coordinates are absolute to the same
    Uffe.Holst> origin.

    Uffe.Holst> For some reason a number of these commands have to be shiftet -0.8 in the
    Uffe.Holst> direction of the x-axis. I could naturally edit all the values in commands
    Uffe.Holst> in question, but there is actually quite a lot of them.

  Use the \rput macro for that (see documentation pages 43-44).

    Uffe.Holst>   \psset{origin={-0.8,0}}

    Uffe.Holst> The manual says, that moving of the origin only applies to pure graphics
    Uffe.Holst> objects. What are pure graphics objects. The commands I have to shift are
    Uffe.Holst> all \pstextpath commands - is this command a pure graphics object?

  The "origin" parameter is of little interest and as you see it effect is
limited. "Pure graphics objects" are those of chapter II of the documentation
(also called "Basic graphics objects") plus objects built with the \pscustom
macro described in chapter IV. This definition can be found page 46 and 54 -
I agree it will be clearer if it appear earlier...

  So, do something like:

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{pst-text}
\usepackage{pst-plot}

\setlength{\parindent}{0mm}

\pagestyle{empty}

\begin{document}

\begin{pspicture}(0,-2)(6,2)
  \psframe(1,0)(2,2)
  \pscircle(4.8,-1){0.5}
  \pstextpath[linestyle=none]%
             {\psplot[plotpoints=300,xunit=0.015,yunit=2]{0}{400}{x sin}}
             {\LARGE This text follow exactly the sinusoidal curve...}
\end{pspicture}

\begin{pspicture}(0,-2)(7,2)
  \psframe(1,0)(2,2)
  \pscircle(4.8,-1){0.5}
  \rput[bl](0.8,0){%
    \pstextpath[linestyle=none]%
               {\psplot[plotpoints=300,xunit=0.015,yunit=2]{0}{400}{x sin}}
               {\LARGE This text follow exactly the sinusoidal curve...}}

Denis Girou
with a blank subject and in body the line unsubscribe <email-address>