Pstricks and OzTex Again

Rebecca and Rowland rebecca at astrid.u-net.com
Thu Jul 9 21:03:56 CEST 1998

[snip]
>Idid some pk fonts checking the "make missing pk fonts" however, after
>increasing again the memory size for metafont, it seems their are font
>missing :
>
>cmti12.518gf
>cmsc10.432gf
>cmmi12.648gf
>cmbxti12.518gf
>
>they are needed in order to make the relative pk fonts.
>
>quit frankly i don't know where they are coming from.

These gf files are what you get when you run Metafont on an mf file to
build a new bitmap fount.  They are converted to pk files with gftopk.  The
whole process (missing pk file, run Metafont, run gftopk, delete the
debris) should be handled automatically by MakeTeXPK, which is integrated
into OzTeX.

>although i've seen new fonts coming in my pstricks/doc folder :
>
>cmbxti10.2602gf
>cmcsc10.3122gf
>cmmi12.4496gf
>cmti12.3746gf

(please don't send anything but plain text using email: these lines were
unreadable when I received them because Eudora displayed them in a tiny
fount size)

>i don't know at all what process produces those files.

I'm not sure either, but if the founts aren't being produced, there's
something wrong with your OzTeX installation.  Have you got Metafont
installed?

If you can't see anything obviously wrong, seriously consider doing a clean
install of OzTeX (yes, really) and use OzTeX original, unmodified, Default
config file to make sure it all works right.

Rowland.

with a blank subject and in body the line unsubscribe <email-address>