Pst-tree files

kate kokko kekokko at nh.ultranet.com
Fri Jun 12 22:14:23 CEST 1998

I am running Linux 5.0 with TeX v.3.14, teTex v.4, LaTeX2e (1996/12/01)
patch level one and PsTricks v97 patch 9.

I am trying to set up pstricks to use the pst-tree package but when
I run Latex, it is unable to find the pst-tree.sty file (Despite
the fact that this file is in the same directory as all the other
.sty files -which LaTex finds without a problem)  When it prompts
for the filename and I type in the path, latex is able to find
pst-tree.sty just fine.

I can't figure out why LaTex can find the other files that it needs,
but not this particular one.  I have fiddled with the pstricks.con file
to no avail.  LaTex is able to find all the .tex files, starting with
pstricks.tex, then pst-node.tex, then pst-tree.tex or any other package
I request.  It then finds their associated .sty files without issue.

The only exception is in the case of pst-tree.sty.  LaTex finds
pst-node.sty and then pst-node.tex.  When it looks for pst-tree.sty
(which is in the same directory as the others) it cannot find it
and prompts me for a filename.  I type in the path (which is the
same as those of the other .sty files) and it finds pst-tree.sty
but is then unable to find pst-tree.tex again.

If Latex found pst-tree.tex the first time but not the second,
there must be a reason.  I was wondering if maybe these files
(*.sty or *.tex) need to be linked to a directory that
TeX/LaTex uses or to the one I'm working in.  I have not been
able to find any links, but as I'm only just learning Tex,LaTeX
and PSTricks and have limited knowledge of Linux (I work primarily
with the sgml tools and use the GIMP occassionally), I know that
I could be overlooking something very easily.

Can anyone who uses Linux help me out??  Thank you!

Katherine E. Kokko

with a blank subject and in body the line unsubscribe <email-address>