PSTricks: fancybox doesn't like left quotes

Denis Girou Denis.Girou at idris.fr
Fri Feb 27 10:24:41 CET 1998

>>>>> "Christophe.Broult" == Christophe Broult <christophe.broult at info.unicaen.fr> writes:

    Christophe.Broult> I get an error if there's a left quote in a verbatim text.
    Christophe.Broult> ..................................................
    Christophe.Broult> ! Undefined control sequence.
    Christophe.Broult> \The at Verbatim ...ace Some\Verbatim at Space \@lquote

  You are right, it doesn't work now (that is to say with LaTeX 2e), as
\@lquote is now defined only in compatibility mode, in the file latex209.def.
So we must add this definition. I'll change the package file itself later.

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{fancybox}

% Now defined only in latex209.def
\makeatletter\def\@lquote{\leavevmode{\kern\z@}`}\makeatother

\begin{document}
\begin{Verbatim}
  Some `verbatim' text
\end{Verbatim}
\end{document}

  P.S. 1/ `fancybox' is in fact not related to PSTricks. It is an independant
package. And as I said Wednesday, to clarify things, I removed it from the new
packaging of PSTricks 97. It will be found later on
CTAN/macros/latex/contrib/supported/fancybox

       2/ The verbatim part of `fancybox' (paragraph 11 of the documentation)
is now obsolete. It is superceded by `fancyvrb' (from Timothy van Zandt too,
of course), which has a lot more capabilities. `fancyvrb' will be released at
end of March for EuroTeX'98.

       3/ Version v1.0/97 patch 1 of `fancybox' has still the problem
diagnosed first by Eric Picheral (the table of contents of a document using
this version of `fancybox' is not generated). My correction has a bad side
effect, so I never release it. It still waiting that I found a "correct"
correction...

       4/ French speaking users must know that the version 4.02 of the
`french' package break `fancybox' v1.0/97 patch 1 (and 1.0 too).
My "uncorrect" corrected version solve this problem too, but of course can't
be released...

  Thanks for the bug report!

D.G.

with a blank subject and in body the line unsubscribe <email-address>