[protext] Problem installing proText

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at fernuni-hagen.de
Tue Nov 19 15:59:37 CET 2019

Dear Pablo,

the reported error looks very strange. I can't remember, that i've heard
about it before. For this, i would be thankful, if you could tell me

- the complete name of the ProTeXt-Zip-File

- if possible, the name of the server you've downloaded it from

- the complete designation of your Windows-Operating-System. You should
find this information in your Windows "System Control".

Concerning to this, i feel afraid that i don't have a solution for you,
but i can point you to a workarround to install a running TeX-System.

After having unzipped the ProTeXt-Zip-File on your system, you will find
the subdirectories "MiKTeX" and "TeXStudio" which contain the
standalone-setups for the single routines (and which are invoked by
ProTeXt's Setup). In detail

- setup-2.9.6942.exe in MiKTeX\setup and
- texstudio-2.12.14-win-qt5.exe in TeXStudio

will do the job for you. Be aware, that you should install MiKTeX first!
(so that the TeXstudio will find the executables during its own
installation).

Good luck, and regards - Thomas