[protext] LaTeX for PC

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jan 20 21:00:50 CET 2005

Hi Michael,

    I rejoined TUG earlier today

Thank you!

    started the download of protext twice, but it failed, and if I am
    interpreting the message correctly, it would take 31 hours!

The distribution is about 370 megabytes, so yes, that's going to take a
long time over dialup.  (And it's a lot smaller than most other TeX
distributions, at that. :)

Since you just rejoined TUG, a physical CD (and DVD) should be sent out
within the next couple days.  Perhaps that will suffice?

Another possibility might be to do the download at school and then burn
a CD to take home.

Failing that, I can split up the distribution into, say, 10mb chunks so
that your dialup connection have a chance at eventually succeeding.  Let
me know if you want to do that.

Sorry for the trouble.

Best wishes,
karl