[pracjourn-forum] For our error collection

Steve Peter speter at dandy.net
Thu Oct 20 02:32:10 CEST 2005

On Oct 19, 2005, at 7:36 PM, Karl Berry wrote:

>     Another one (which came up twice in the same training
>     session last week) was not etting any title or author
>     because of forgetting \maketitle.
>
> I added that one.

I don't understand. What is the cryptic error message here? I thought
part of the point of this exercise was to help get clearer error
messages for the users. Having something not appear because you
didn't put it in seems far from that mark.

Or are you saying that if your source has \author or \title that a
warning should be issued? That actually would be useful.

Or did I miss the point?

Steve