[pracjourn-forum] For our error collection

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Sep 9 19:00:27 CEST 2005

    Isn't the more general analysis that global S-and-R of

Certainly.

But are we trying to have a page which briefly lists "unexpected" errors
and their remedies, or discursive explanations of what is "really"
happening?

Seems like both are useful, but the lengthy explanations should be links
on separate pages for those who want to read them.  If the "front" error
page is too long, it won't be read.

I can collate errors and the brief explanations, as I have been doing on
http://tug.org/errors.html (not linked anywhere, probably
http://tug.org/errors/ would be better in the end anyway).

But I cannot undertake to convert the mini-essays into HTML, let alone
write them.  So if that is to happen, someone else has to volunteer to
do it.  (And preferably someone else could volunteer to do the first
part too. :)

Anyway, so far we only have two "mysterious errors".  I think we should
have at least three before going live :).

karl