[pracjourn-forum] For our error collection

Steve Peter speter at dandy.net
Fri Sep 9 16:38:42 CEST 2005

On Sep 9, 2005, at 9:11 AM, Peter Flynn wrote:

> I might toy with this in my copious spare time during those long
> winter evenings I hear so much about...:-)

My long winter evenings get eaten by the work left over from the
short winter afternoons! :-)

> Unfortunately this particular one was a TeX message.

Partially. LaTeX does some finagling before it hits that point (since
the Plain TeX error is "undefined control sequence"), so perhaps it
should (might, might could, [insert your favorite modal verb here])
intercept and issue a more informative message before it hits the
base TeX error message.

Steve