[pracjourn-forum] Re: A weird error (and broader issues)

Peter Flom flom at ndri.org
Fri May 6 19:17:36 CEST 2005

Kwang wrote
<<<
PS. My research also involves the use of (applied)
statistics. I simply cannot imagine having to typeset
statistical tables and equations using Word's Equation
Editor. (Well, even the imagining part would be incredibly
painful!)

Well, I don't have to imagine.....I've done it.  That's what spurred me
to start learning LaTeX.  The tables actaully aren't that bad; and I
find them hard in LaTeX as well, unless they are simple (I am learning,
though)

But equations are icky in Word even with MathEdit, esp. because
WYSInotWYG all the time.....in fact, you can get different things
depending on what printer you use....yeesh.

Regarding applied stats, are there any packages you've found useful?

Peter

Peter L. Flom, PhD
Assistant Director, Statistics and Data Analysis Core
Center for Drug Use and HIV Research
National Development and Research Institutes
71 W. 23rd St
www.peterflom.com
New York, NY 10010
(212) 845-4485 (voice)