[pracjourn-forum] Re: A weird error (and broader issues)

Tze KWANG Teo tzeteo at uiuc.edu
Fri May 6 19:10:37 CEST 2005

Peter Flom has mentioned that he absolutely requires -
pstricks- for his typesetting, thus he takes the "latex to
dvips to ps2pdf/Distiller" route. I wonder if the experienced
users on this forum would recommend trying the -ps4pdf-
package?

Here's a description from the CTAN catalog:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-
archive/help/Catalogue/entries/ps4pdf.html

"This LaTeX package provides a new way to use Postscript
commands (e.g., PSTricks graphics, PSfrag replacements, EPS
graphics) inside a pdfLaTeX processed document. You need
recent versions of the LaTeX packages preview, ifpdf,
`ifvtex' and a new LaTeX base installation. All Postscript
related commands, including `\usepackage', must be a
parameter of the `PSforPDF' macro. For details see the test
file `ps4pdf-test.tex'. The PDF document is generated via
dvips and ps2pdf. The author is Rolf Niepraschk."

Sincerely,
Kwang

PS. My research also involves the use of (applied)
statistics. I simply cannot imagine having to typeset
statistical tables and equations using Word's Equation
Editor. (Well, even the imagining part would be incredibly
painful!)