[pracjourn-forum] Another newby question: Finding documentation

Peter Flom flom at ndri.org
Fri May 6 18:20:19 CEST 2005

The previous thread was generated when I tried to run a .tex file that
someone else had sent me in response to a request on texhax.   That
reply used pstricks.  Now, I'd like to understand that package, so I can
modify his code to do exactly what I want.

I went to CTAN, typed 'pstricks' and searched.

Pages and pages of directory files.......Which one is what I want?  I
don't know.  I tried opening a few that SEEMED promising, but didn't get
what I want, which is the documentation file for pstricks.

I've had similar problems with other packages....So what I am doing
wrong?  Is there some standard way that the basic doc file for a package
is llisted?  (e.g. should I have searched for pstricks.doc?)

Thanks

Peter

Peter L. Flom, PhD
Assistant Director, Statistics and Data Analysis Core
Center for Drug Use and HIV Research
National Development and Research Institutes
71 W. 23rd St
www.peterflom.com
New York, NY 10010
(212) 845-4485 (voice)