[pracjourn-forum] A weird error (and broader issues)

Peter Flynn pflynn at ucc.ie
Fri May 6 17:41:46 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 16:17, Peter Flom wrote:
> Now you're getting into a field where I actually know something....I
> work at a place that does research into illicit drug use, and while my
> title is really long, essentially, I am a 'stats geek'.

I think we might entice you into processing some stats when we start
gathering them...:-)

> BTW, in case you're interested, cluster analysis is a way of seeing how
> subjects (usually people) go together; factor analysis is a way of
> seeing how variables go together.

That is so cool! Why did no-one explain it so concisely 30 years ago?
(Actually they probably did...I was lucky enough to be using a big stats
package written by two very approachable authors whom I used to pester
for information).

///Peter