[pracjourn-forum] Re: [pracjourn] comment on 2005-2-flom Rev. 2005-04-18

Lance Carnes lcarnes at pctex.com
Mon Apr 25 02:36:16 CEST 2005

Dear Tze KWANG Teo,

We appreciate your comments.  To address the problems you mention and
others we have set up a forum for readers at
http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/pracjourn-forum , and we invite you to
subscribe.

Best regards,
Lance Carnes
Editor

At 05:18 PM 4/23/2005, you wrote:
>Peter Flom is correct in noting that one of the obstacles to
>learning and adopting TeX in one's workflow is the refusal of
>co-authors and editors to accept manuscript submissions
>typeset in (La)TeX. Heck, I even know of some journals (that
>publish material containing a fair amount of equations and
>statistical results, so there is definitely a place for TeX)
>with an editorial policy of not accepting *PDF* versions of
>manuscripts for review, even if the PDF has been distilled
>from a Word .doc file!
>
>This kind of policy is unacceptable as far as I am concerned,
>but I doubt there will be a change in editorial policy in the
>foreseeable future. If other members of the TeX community are
>interested in exploring means to address this problem, I'd be
>more than happy to join in.
>Tze KWANG Teo
>Dept of Political Science
>University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
>http://www.tzekwangteo.org/

--------
Lance Carnes, Personal TeX, Inc.
Voice 415/296-7550, FAX 415/296-7501.  http://www.pctex.com