[pgf-tikz] Spotted typos in PGF/TiKZ manual

Henri Menke henri at henrimenke.de
Tue May 30 10:32:01 CEST 2023

On 5/29/23 20:15, Justus Greve-Kramer wrote:> Hello,

> I think I have spotted minor errors in the documentation of the TikZ
> package.

Thanks for reporting!

> - In "Karl's tutorial" in section 2.2.1, it says: The first path is
> specified as (-1.5,0)--(0,1.5), which means “a straight line from the
> point at position (−1.5, 0) to the point at position (0, 1.5)”.
> But in fact, the second position should be (1.5,0) (in both places).
This was already fixed in:
https://github.com/pgf-tikz/pgf/pull/1110
> - In section 2.10, it says: For this, he can add the [scale=3 option.
> Maybe it's intentional, but for me the missing closing bracket or the
> needless opening bracket is irritating.
You must be looking at an outdated version of the manual, because the
CTAN version does not have this problem.
https://mirror.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/pgf/base/doc/pgfmanual.pdf
Please update your TeX Live or MikTeX installation to obtain the latest
version of PGF/TikZ.

> - It becomes apparent that the author likes not to receive undiscerning
> emails. But even more, I think that the manual contains no contact email
> address. I suggest putting some contact info somewhere in the manual
> where one would find it if they were looking for it. (As of writing this
> email, I am not completely sure whether the recipient list was a correct
> choice.)
Section 1.6 has info on how to get help and where to report bugs. This
mailing list is one of the places. For help on how to use PGF/TikZ there
are also community forums such as https://tex.stackexchange.com/ and
bugs can also be reported on the GitHub project
https://github.com/pgf-tikz/pgf
> Thanks for maintaining this package!

Cheers, Henri