[pgf-tikz] Fwd: icons from flowchart

Joan V salmudis at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 20:37:49 CEST 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
De: Joan V <salmudis at gmail.com>
Date: dv., 7 d’oct. 2022 a les 16:42
Subject: icons from flowchart
To: <tantau at tcs.uni-luebeck.de>

 Dear Dr. Tantau,

The reason for this e-mail is to ask you how anyone can generate three
icons that are in the flowchart diagram; specifically the Display icon, the
Predefined Process icon, and the Manual data icon (also called Manual
Input).

Since 2011 I taught Python and since 2015 I added LaTeX, but I had to make
the flowcharts with LibreOffice Draw tools. I wrote what I taught at IEEE
Education Engineering (EDUCON 2022) with the title Linux, LaTeX, and Python
in secondary and baccalaureate.

I am writing what I taught, and I want to use LaTeX to make the flowcharts
for the programs.

In the manual TikZ and pgf v. 1.18 there are some predefined forms, but the
three previously mentioned are not.

I would greatly appreciate it if you or whoever could make these shapes and
give them to the community.

Thanking you in advance, and looking forward to hearing from you

Sincerely yours

Dr. Joan Verdaguer-Codina

PS:  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/24910604159252040/

some examples of predefined flowchart shapes used in LaTeX

\tikzstyle{process} = [rectangle, minimum width=2cm, minimum height=1cm,
text centered, draw=black, fill=green!30]

\tikzstyle{start} = [rectangle, rounded corners, minimum width=2cm, minimum
height=1cm,text centered, draw=black, fill=orange!80]

\tikzstyle{io} = [trapezium, trapezium left angle=70, trapezium right
angle=110, minimum width=3cm, minimum height=1cm, text centered,
draw=black, fill=blue!30]

\tikzstyle{yut0} = [circle, minimum width=1.5cm, minimum height=1cm, text
centered, draw=black, fill=magenta!30]

\tikzstyle{decision} = [diamond, minimum width=3cm, minimum height=1cm,
text centered, draw=black, fill=yellow!50]

\tikzstyle{syma} = [rectangle, rounded corners, minimum width=0.01cm,
minimum height=0.01cm,text centered, draw=black, fill=black]

\tikzstyle{arrow} = [thick,->,>=stealth]