[pgf-tikz] converting tikz to the corresponding svg elements

Jim Diamond Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca
Tue Jul 28 15:43:59 CEST 2020

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 22:44 (+0100), Philip Taylor wrote:

> David Salomon's The Advanced TeXbook  is also worthy of
> consideration,

I wonder whether David Salomon has checked out Springer's blurb about
the book.  It starts with "Why is 'lEX so hard to use?", which would
be a more meaningful question to me if I knew what 'lEX was.  It also
mentioned "The TpJXbook.", which vaguely reminds me of the title of a
book I know.

I was much more interested in Philip's comment before I saw the price
of that book, which took a bit of the wind out of my sails.

> as is Stephan von Bechtolsheim's magnificent 4-volume TeX in
> Practice.

Is there no one at Springer who proof-reads their blurbs??
"You might well wonder why TFPC in Practice..."
"... Fortunately Donald Knuth, the author of 'lEX"
Yes, I might well wonder :-(

Sometimes I think the 372 people remaining in the world who care are
all on this and the other TeX lists.

                                Jim