[pgf-tikz] converting tikz to the corresponding svg elements

Gil Cohen cohengil333 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 00:33:37 CEST 2020

I have read the very well written *pgfmanual* and followed the steps on to
convert tikx into svg:

lualatex --output-format=dvi example
dvisvgm example

But I found out *all elements are getting converted to svg paths*,
although some are circles, rectangles, Ellipsis.
So I was wondering how to accomplish this?

for example, for the following tikz lines:

*\begin{tikzpicture}\ draw (0,0) rectangle (4,4);\end{tikzpicture}*

I would like to convert into the corresponding SVG shape:

 <rect x="0" y="0" width="4" height="4" />

I guess I need to hook into one of the compiling stages of tikz/tex files,

can someone give me some suggestions how to accomplish it?

Thank you very much