[pgf-tikz] Use of \input within the text attribute of the decoration parameter of a tikzpicture

Taylor, P P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Wed Jul 24 12:11:47 CEST 2019

Could any experienced TikZ user please advise me how (apart from \expandafter hacks or a wrapper macro) I may achieve the effect of  the last part of :

\begin {tikzpicture} [decoration={text={\input very-long-text-file}, ...]

Used as-is, the \input is not expanded and the file not inserted.  I tried :

\def \Input #1{\input {Polylingual-welcomes}}
\begin {tikzpicture} [decoration={text={*}, style characters={*} with {character command=\Input}, ...]

but although syntactically valid and \input being expanded, the timing is such that that "text effects along path" and other formatting requirements are all lost.

Re-sent, as earlier post (awaiting moderator intervention) seemingly never appeared,

 Philip Taylor