[pdftex] truncated stdout output

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jul 13 00:30:20 CEST 2024

Hi Achim,

    not sure this is the right place to report bugs in pdftex.

Sure. Thanks for the report.

    Am I the only one experiencing this?

You're the only one who has reported it, anyway.

When I've seen this myself it's because of various interaction things,
as David described.

    Any other kind of information you need?

Yes.  If you can provide a way to reproduce the problem, we can look at
it.  Otherwise, there's no real hope.

As I expect you know, it's entirely normal for the log file to have far
more information than stdout, so that in itself is not an issue. BTW,
it's also possible to truncate the log file, though somewhat harder to
do :). --best, karl.