[pdftex] \interlinepenalties

David Carlisle david.carlisle at nag.co.uk
Tue Feb 27 12:01:33 CET 2024

On 27/02/2024 10:35, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

\showboxbreadth\maxdimen\showboxdepth\maxdimen \tracingoutput=1

%\interlinepenalty 100
\interlinepenalties 3 10 20 30

\clubpenalties 3 66 77 88

a\break bb \break c \break d \break e

\bye

It's the penalty added at automatic breaks: you get

$ grep penalty club.log
..\penalty 66
..\penalty 77
..\penalty 88
..\penalty 88
..\penalty 88
..\penalty 88
..\penalty 88
..\penalty 88
..\penalty 88
..\penalty 88
..\penalty 88
..\penalty 238

from

\showboxbreadth\maxdimen\showboxdepth\maxdimen \tracingoutput=1

%\interlinepenalty 100
\interlinepenalties 3 10 20 30
\showboxdepth2
\clubpenalties 3 66 77 88
\hsize 6cm

a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

\bye

Disclaimer

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is: 30 St. Giles, Oxford, OX1 3LE, United Kingdom. Please see our Privacy Notice <https://www.nag.com/content/privacy-notice> for information on how we process personal data and for details of how to stop or limit communications from us.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses and malware by Microsoft Exchange Online (EOP)