[pdftex] foreign letter in text

Jim Diamond jim at jdvb.ca
Mon Apr 22 14:39:02 CEST 2024

On Sun, Apr 21, 2024 at 19:42 (+0000), Peter Selinger wrote:

> If you're on a unix-like system, the following command will find all
> lines with non-ASCII characters in one or more files:

> LC_ALL=utf8 egrep -n '[^ -~]' file.tex

That falsely reports lines with tab characters.  This fixes that problem
(at least in shells which accept $'...' syntax)

        LC_ALL=utf8 egrep -n $'[^ -~]' file.tex

(Although my system complains
        warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (utf8)
so maybe a bit more UTF magic is desired anyway.  Or maybe my system needs
work.)

                                Jim