[pdftex] pdftex is retaining InfoDict altough I asked for it to be suppressed

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jan 31 00:36:09 CET 2022

Hi Phillips - clearly the documentation I wrote about this is less than
wonderfully clear.

        new primitive \pdfsuppressptexinfo to omit PTEX.* keys from output;

It omits the PTEX.* keys, not the main info dictionary keys; the latter
is what exiftool is showing you, I think.

If you edit the actual .pdf (mostly binary, but doesn't matter here) and
search for PTEX.Fullbanner (the only one that's included in the general
infodict), you'll see that it is there by default and omitted if
\pdfsuppressptexinfo is set accordingly.

As the manual says, "The other \type{PTEX.*} keys are included when a
\PDF\ is included in the document (and not otherwise), as described in
...". That is, not relevant to what you are seeing.

You can omit the date keys from the general infodict with
\pdfinfoomitdate1. Unless I'm missing something in the code, there is no
way to omit the general Creator, Producer, Trapped, and other keys.

Hope this helps,
Karl