[pdftex] Interrobang

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Mon May 25 12:56:50 CEST 2020

On 25/05/2020 04:12, Chris Moller wrote:
> Except that it's something way down deep in the docbook processing
> that produces the \Character{...} code and if I tinker with that it
> would basically become my own private docbook fork.  As bad as the sed
> kluge is, at least I can bury it in a Makefile and maybe no one will
> notice.

You should just be able to add

\DefineCharacter{8253}{203D}{!?}% or \Interrobang or whatever you want

to a local file jadetex.cfg

jadetex can't (and certainly couldn't with the memory available last
century) pre-define every Unicode slot so it's expected that you need to
add definitions as required.

David

Disclaimer

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business.