[pdftex] pdftex - Encoding for metafont PK fonts

Paul Vojta vojta at math.berkeley.edu
Fri Jun 24 23:10:04 CEST 2016

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 01:42:28PM +0200, Pali Rohár wrote:
> On Thursday 23 June 2016 21:01:52 Paul Vojta wrote:

> > > Hi! Anybody has idea how to do that?
> >
> > Same way.
> >
> > Paul Vojta, vojta at math.berkeley.edu
>
> How same way? That is not possible, as specifying font in pdftex.map
> means that font *has* Type 1 variant which pdftex try to use. So PK
> fonts cannot be specified in pdftex.map and so enc file cannot be too...
>
> Or is there any why how to do that? At least I do not know. And I would
> be happy if somebody point me how.

I'm sorry, I didn't ready your email carefully.  That is what I would do
for using PostScript Type 3 fonts.

For PK fonts as produced by MetaFont (which are not PS Type 3), probably
the way to go would be to create a virtual font to achieve the reencoding.
That is the standard way to go in the dvi driver world.

For information on virtual fonts:  use Google.

Paul Vojta, vojta at math.berkeley.edu