[pdftex] pdftex - Encoding for metafont PK fonts

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 13:42:28 CEST 2016

On Thursday 23 June 2016 21:01:52 Paul Vojta wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 01:27:49PM +0200, Pali Rohár wrote:
> > On Friday 10 June 2016 20:47:07 Pali Rohár wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > is there any way to specify encoding for metafont bitmap PK fonts
> > > when running pdftex in pdf output? To make pdf file selectable
> > > and searchable.
> > >
> > > For Type 1 pfb fonts it can be specified in pdftex.map file:
> > > "<8r.enc". How to achieve same effect for type 3 PK fonts?
> >
> > Hi! Anybody has idea how to do that?
>
> Same way.
>
> Paul Vojta, vojta at math.berkeley.edu

How same way? That is not possible, as specifying font in pdftex.map
means that font *has* Type 1 variant which pdftex try to use. So PK
fonts cannot be specified in pdftex.map and so enc file cannot be too...

Or is there any why how to do that? At least I do not know. And I would
be happy if somebody point me how.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com