[pdftex] Question about \pdfincludechars

Gregory Heytings ghe at sdf.org
Sat Aug 20 15:10:33 CEST 2016

> \pdfincludechars should include the characters directly as string
> instead of commands, that would produce them for typesetting.
>
> Example:
>
> \def\includefont#1{%
>  \begingroup
>    \count10=0
>    \font\f=#1
>    \loop
>    \ifnum\count10<256
>      \lccode`\!=\count10
>      \lowercase{%
>        \pdfincludechars\f{!}%
>      }%
>      \advance\count10by1
>    \repeat
>  \endgroup
> }

Thank you very much, this works... almost!  The only remaining problem is
that for some reason I do not understand it does not include character at
position 0, in spite of the fact that \count10 starts at 0...  Is this a
bug?

For example, if I do \includefont{cmr10} I have chars 1-127 included, if I
do \includefont{cmr10} and \char"00 somewhere else I have chars 0-127
included (as it should).

Gregory