[pdftex] inclusion of PDF file fails

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Jan 24 23:38:29 CET 2012

On 2012-01-24 at 15:18:55 -0500, john Culleton wrote:

 > On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 21:42:04 +0100
 > Philipp Stephani <p.stephani2 at googlemail.com> wrote:

 > > > Is someone going to fix this?
 > >
 > > Development for PDFTeX has essentially stopped, so I wouldn't
 > > hold my breath.
 >
 > Why? Is it because all resources wre devoted to luatex?

PdfTeX aims for stability now.  It already supports everything which
can be supported by a system which extends Knuth's TeX,  adding
support for Unicode and OTF would mean to write it from scratch, more
or less.

It's still maintained.  In this respect, it's similar to Knuth's TeX.

Is there anything you are missing?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25