[pdftex] PDF empty with Acrobat / xpdf

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Jun 27 17:49:01 CEST 2011

On Monday, June 27, 2011 10:35:32 am Philippe CHAUVAT
wrote:
> This is a file which describe the issue.
>
> Please note:
> - letter package (Denis Mégévand) was modified by me,
specially to
> integrate a "background page" (letter head) through an
include picture
> and (for a long letter) with \BackgroundPic macro like
this:

> \newcommand\BackgroundPic{
> \put(0,0){
> \parbox[b][\paperheight]{\paperwidth}{%
> \vfill
> \centering
> \if at appendix%
> \else
> \ifodd\c at page%

\includegraphics[width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight,keepaspectratio]
{pag
> e-noprint}% \else%

\includegraphics[width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight,keepaspectratio]
{pag
> e-noprint-verso}% \fi
> \fi
>
> cheers
> Philippe
>
> Le 27/06/2011 16:01, Lars Madsen a écrit :
> > Philippe CHAUVAT wrote, On 2011-06-27 15:03:
> >> Hello all
> >>
> >> A document I wrote, based on letter package give the
following results:
> >> - evince display correctly the produced page
> >> - neither Acrobat reader or xpdf display anything.
And, it seems that
> >> nothing is hidden (I can't select let say some hidden
text).

> >> Any idea ?
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >> Philippe
> >
> > a minimal example might help

First of all you did not use pdftex. You used some form of
LaTeX. This is not a LaTeX list. So what letter package did
you use? There is letter.tex but that is a plain tex
package which should work with pdftex, not pdflatex.

Second, you wrote your own command to put a background page
which provided a letterhead. Does the file compile
correctly if you leave this macro out?

You don't have to use a background package to include a
letterhaead. You can simply insert the letterhead first as
a graphic and then move on to the body of the letter. I am
of course assuming a pdftex aproach, and not a LaTeX
approach.

--
John Culleton

"