[pdftex] TeX as a composition server?

Peter Davis pfd at pfdstudio.com
Tue Oct 26 19:16:06 CEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 9:35 PM, Ross Moore <ross.moore at mq.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> Why write it into a long file?
> You can do the loop in TeX itself.
>

> \loop
>  ... Blah blah ...
>  \newpage
> \ifnum\value{page}<10000 \repeat

Ok, I've tried this, but I get a "TeX capacity exceeded" error.  See below.
 I've attached the file I used, which should produce 10000 pages of "Lorem
ipsum ...".  Any clues appreciated.

Thanks!
-pd

tex "\nonstopmode\input" "LoremIpsum.tex"
This is TeX, Version 3.1415926 (MiKTeX 2.8)

(c:\Users\pfd\Documents\TeX\LoremIpsum.tex
! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [main memory size=3000000].
\body ...olestie convallis, leo neque suscipit lib
                                                  ero, vitae consectetur
tor...

\next ->\body
              \let \next \iterate \else \let \next \relax \fi \next
l.149 \ifnum\pageno<10000 \repeat

No pages of output.
Transcript written on LoremIpsum.log.