[pdftex] TeX as a composition server?

James Quirk jjq at galcit.caltech.edu
Sun Oct 24 01:36:49 CEST 2010

Robin,

> latex is such a mess nowadays, with so many semantically ill-defined
> extensions, that i doubt that we will ever see such a translation.  thus
> gellmu will be out on a limb of some sort, unless we swerve with latex
> 3.
LaTeX3 is too little, too late. A statement I will substantiate
with my submission to:
http://royalsociety.org/Current-ICT-and-Computer-Science-in-schools
And if anyone takes exception to my proof, I'll send "Our Carol"
around to sort you out :-)
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-7127168-sharpshooters-watch-over-queen.do

But joking apart, as Ivo noted we're living in the 21st Century and
following the likes of the climategate scandal: scientists have an
intellectual obligation to put their best document-foot forward.
Now judged from that perspective, Reinhard's aphorism can be recycle as:
LaTeX3 isn't the answer. LaTeX3 is the question, and the answer is NO.

James