[pdftex] PDF/X-1a:2001

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Jul 20 04:39:59 CEST 2010

On Friday 16 July 2010 13:27:02 Axel E. Retif wrote:
> On  15 Jul, 2010, at 08:41, Don Story wrote:
> > Forwarding this question to the list.
> >
> > Don,
> >
> > Is it possible to create a PDF/X-1a:2001 compliant
document using
> > pdflatex?
>
> Yes, it's possible:
>
> http://ctan.tug.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/pdfx/
>
> You have to adapt some parameters to fit it to your
specific document,
> though ---that's inevitable.
>

> Best
>
> Axel

The only thing I need PDF X/1-a for is cover art and Scribus
does covers well (see sig block.)  So the pdfx LaTeX macro,
plus its required files, is workable but more effort than I
want to deal with on a day to day basis.

I did find one bug in pdfx relating to time zones West of
Greenwich but I am pretty sure that one has been fixed.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press