[pdftex] treat .ttc font file as .ttf really

Liu Yubao yubao.liu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 11:45:15 CEST 2009

Hi,

The latest patch applied on pdftex trunk to treat .ttc font file as .ttf
is *useful* but not complete yet[1], according to this document:

   http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/otff.htm

There is a ttc header at the beginning of .ttc font file, we should skip it
and seek to the first font if we wish to treat .ttc as .ttf really.

This patch uses only the first font in .ttc file, I tested with latest texlive
2009 and simsun.ttc shipped with Windows XP, it seems ok. I'm not sure whether
it's 100% correct, but it's better than none :-)

This patch depends on the ttc patch applied on trunk at r573, I hope it can
be applied too before texlive 2009 is released.

     [1] http://www.tug.org/pipermail/pdftex/2009-August/008068.html

Best regards,

Liu Yubao