[pdftex] eps files

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Thu Oct 29 00:25:38 CET 2009

2009/10/28 sam tygier <samtygier at yahoo.co.uk>:
> I was wondering what the reason is for pdflatex not being able do use eps
> files directly. Is this just something that has not been implemented yet? Is

Yes. We eagerly await your code.

> it technically very difficult to implement? or is it a deliberate choice?

Yes. Yes.

No wait, we have just been lazy for the last decade. :-)

Now please hop over to Wikipedia and learn something about PostScript,
GhostScript and PDF. And then think again.

> Also could other graphics formats be added. SVG would be nice, as inkscape
> is great for doing diagrams. I am sure other people have formats they would
> liek to use.

Yes. Where's your patch?

Best
   Martin

PS: pdftex is frozen. Your patch should be for luatex.