[pdftex] includepdf, includegraphics and bad quality

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Sat Oct 17 17:47:41 CEST 2009

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009, matteo.vicini wrote:

> I write you because I didn't find a solution to my problem with
> pdfpages so I'd like to have your opinion. This is the fact: I've got
> two different documents, one is only one page long and is compiled
> with pdflatex, it includes text and an image, the second one is a book
> also compiled with pdflatex in which I put the first document with
> \pdfinclude command, if the first document has NO image the result in
> the final one is perfect, otherwise the first document looks good by
> itself but looks very bad in the book! It means that it seems to have
> all in bold font and everything is shelled, I don't know how to solve.
> If you need I can send you the tex document and the generated pdfs,
> the same problem occours if I use \includegraphics command instead of
> \includepdf.

is the problem only after printout, or already visible on-screen?
Perhaps it's a printer issue? There are color laser printers around that
are silly enough to render an entire page (including all text!) as a
blurry image (yes, with fat letters), if the page contains an image. And
this happens rather unpredictably, one never knows.

Regards, Hartmut