[pdftex] SVG and pdftex.

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Thu Nov 5 21:56:48 CET 2009

On  5 Nov, 2009, at 07:35, John Culleton wrote:

> I just ran a test by compiling a novel first with pdftex and then
> with luatex. The page count was the same

If your platform is Linux or Mac OS, you can use Michael Sternberg's
amazing diffps to compare 2 PDFs:

http://homepage.mac.com/michael.g.sternberg/tex/index.html

A simple change of a comma for a period will be detected in a 700 page
document. Also, a difference in protrusion will be detected as well;
so, if you know that with LuaTeX you're not getting protrusion, I
wouldn't use diffps to compare a large document, as you'll get changes
in every page.

Best,

Axel