[pdftex] personal map files?

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri May 8 23:58:30 CEST 2009

Erik Luijten <erik.luijten at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder if it is possible to set a search path where pdftex searches for
> personal mapfiles?  There are fonts that I do not want to install
> globally, but I have been unable to convince pdflatex to look for
> additional mapfiles.

put them in your personal texmf tree, in directory fonts/map/pdftex/mymaps
(or the like).

then rebuild the file index for that tree (unless you've never had an
index there in the past).

consult your distribution documentation about where to put your personal
texmf tree (or ask in a general tex forum, not pdftex)