[pdftex] Commenting on PDFs

jonathan d p ferguson jdpf at sunforge.com
Wed Nov 26 05:22:39 CET 2008

hi.

On Nov 25, 2008, at 2:51 PM, Martin Heller wrote:

> Guy Rutenberg wrote:
>>
>> More clarification for my question. If one uses Adobe Reader 7.0 or
>> newer,
>> in order to comment on the pdf, the creator must enable commenting
>> on the
>> pdf, this is usually done via Adobe Acrobay Pro. I'm looking for a
>> way to
>> enable commenting of the PDFs I make using pdftex.
>>
>> I would really appreciate your help.

<snip>

>> BTW i'm not subscribed to this mailing list so it would make it
>> easier for
>> me if you can CC your reply to my email.
>
> Use another program than Acrobat Reader to annotate your pdf-files.
> PDF-XChange Viewer <http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/> can annotate
> pdf's without activation in Acrobat. It's a Windows program but runs
> fine on Linux under Wine.

I am suspicious that this response is product SPAM as it does not
answer the question, and it picks up a thread more than a year old. We
were not talking about annotation. Any self respecting PDF viewer can
do that. We were talking about Enabling Commenting.

The short answer is: Acrobat Pro or Standard. The long answer is
enough to prohibit any third party from signing a document with
Adobe's secret (private) key.

Just FYI.

have a day.yad
jdpf