[pdftex] Getting error in \CJK at plane

Suman_Tripathy Suman_Tripathy at satyam.com
Thu Nov 13 11:34:53 CET 2008

Possibly I will not able to create a very small example to show the error. But I can explain when I get the problem. I am preparing one pdf for language Korean. There I am using pdfannot to display some text in English which contains some Unicode char as well. As pdfannot uses raw data, to display Unicode I am using hyperref package and pdfstringdef as suggested by Haiko in reply to one of my posts.
If I take Haiko given example:

\documentclass{article}
\let\OrgShow\show
\usepackage{ucs}
\AtBeginDocument{\let\show\OrgShow}
\usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
\PreloadUnicodePage{0}
\PreloadUnicodePage{33}
\usepackage[unicode]{hyperref}[2006/08/01]
\begin{document}
Hi
\pdfstringdef\ContentsString{Phrase Code = ^^c2^^a9^^e2^^84^^a2} \pdfannot{%
  /Subtype/Square%
  /Border[0 0 .1]%
  /C[0 0 1]%
  /T(BoilerPlate)%
  /Contents(\ContentsString)%
}
\end{document}

In the problem scenario the text "Hi" is displayed properly in Korean(whatever might be the translation), but ContentsString which is supposed to display a English sentence (which contains some Unicode char) fails to do so and gives the error.
The same program works if I display everything in English.
How to restrict ContentsString to display only English ? In that case I guess CJK at plane related error will not come because CJK at plane is used to hold the current value when CJK package in used. In other words how can I disable the package for a particular time and then enable again?

I might sound very vague, but that much I can explain as of now.