[pdftex] epstopdf problems

Tina Lamers klamers at gmail.com
Tue May 6 18:50:51 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am writing my thesis in LyX version 1.5.2, and trying to use epstopdf to
convert my eps graphics. The graphics generally convert ok, judging from the
output pdf file, but in the LaTeX log, the following appears:
Package epstopdf Warning: Graphics driver file `pdftex.def' not found.

The pdftex.def file is in the same directory as the epstopdf files, as well
as in the graphics directory, so I'm not sure why it can't be found. Should
I be putting it somewhere else? When I export my LyX files to plain LaTeX
and try to run them in TeXnicCenter Beta 1 7.01 (Greengrass), the file gets
hung up with the same warning in addition to a line saying a graphics file
filename.pdf could not be found, at which point the file ends. I'm using
"filename" generically, as it happens regardless of what .eps file I use in
different .tex files.

I'm fairly new to LyX and LaTeX, so let me know if I've omitted useful
information in figuring out what went wrong. Any suggestions on how to fix
the problem would be appreciated so I can get all the chapters of my thesis
together into one document.

Thanks,
Tina L